Sunday, September 19, 2010

Caution: Spoiler Whore


I watched the first season of Veronica Mars online. The second season was already done filming and I had recently been turned onto the show by several friends of mine who insisted I would love it. They were fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly and How I Met Your Mother, so I knew I could trust them.

While my husband was at work, I dove into my recent downloads and absorbed every minute obsessively. The entire season, done in less than four days. It was riveting. It was hilarious. It was darn right persnickety. Sometimes even persnicketier. And I knew I had to share this gift with the rest of my little world. My husband, my roommates, friends, family, in-laws . . .  no one was safe. And when I had watched the entire series with each one of them, enjoying the experience right along side them as though it were the first time all over again, I realised that I hadn't seen a single episode of the second season.

Five episodes in one day I craved more, but alas, the TV had nothing left to give me for one whole week. But what did Google have to offer? "Veronica Mars, Season Two Spoilers" . . . . and the rest . . .  is history.

I've been a Spoiler Whore ever since that moment. Granted there are a few things I will save for myself, but considering the fact that most TV shows I watch I am able to devour by the seasons, waiting throughout a regular weekly airing of episodes is just not enough. I must sing Glee songs along with the show! I must know who the mother of all mothers is on How I Met Your Mother! I need to watch the train wreck of Twilight movies before I pay for a ticket, it's less painful that way.

And so I spoil, and I whore.

I decided to create this blog not to dish out spoilers, though there might be a few here and there (don't worry, I'll give warning), but because I needed somewhere to talk about movies, television shows and all the weird crap I come across online. I needed a place where my husband could review what video games he's currently playing. Cause in reality, none of this media gold really belongs on any of my other blogs. It deserves it's own space.

So fellow TV Geeks, Trekkies, Xenites, Whedonites, Browncoats, Gamers, Twi-hards, Internet Junkies, Otacons, Movie Buffs, and True Believers . . . . mosey around, comment, dish on what your watching and send in your spoilers (cause I know I'll read them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment